Saturday, January 28, 2012

low carb chicken taquitos? yes, please

So I made baked chicken thighs last night.  It was good, but this dinner is gonna be even better!  I love the family packs of chicken, cook it all up at once and you get 2 meals for less effort! ;-)

taquitos
shredded chicken
1 can Great Value Fire Roasted Tex Mex Style Diced Tomatoes
1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce

warm in skillet....




Take Joseph's Brand Flax-Oat-Bran-and-Omega-3-Square-Lavash bread split into 4 equal pieces.  Those suckers are HUGE, tasty and full of fiber!  Having low carbed for so many years I've tried ALOT of wraps/tortillas/fake bread.  Joseph's is the closest I've found to the real thing without the soy.  I think it's the soy that makes all the others taste so nasty.

-dip one side in melted coconut oil (I like the Wilderness Family Naturals - expeller pressed coconut oil to cook with as it has no coconut aftertaste)
-add chicken
-add crumbled queso fresco
-roll
-bake at 350 for 20 min. flipping halfway through



But does it taste as good as it looks?  Why yes, thank you for asking.  It was totally delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!! I'll have to try these for Mr. Dead Panc. Looks fairly diabetic friendly. :-)

    ReplyDelete