Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pecan Crusted Tilapia


Needed a change from my normal chicken meals.  Tonight I was determined to fix fish.   I rarely cook fish.  It's always been so intimidating to fix, but it's not at all difficult.  It's all in my head.  I'm SO SO glad I chose to finally do it.  It was fabulous and will be rotated through my meal plans much more often.  I like this particular recipe because I can do it just for me or easily double or triple the batter if my family actually feels like eating fish. (which they didn't tonight)

Frozen Tilapia, defrost your filet

"batter" consists of: 1 egg, 2 Tbsp. heavy cream, 1 Tbsp.
coconut flour, squirt of Sriracha sauce, salt and pepper

batter and handful of pecans

dry Tilapia filet with paper towel, salt and pepper it, then dunk in batter,
afterwards sprinkle chopped pecans on the top and bottom of filet
I cut my filet into two longer pieces.  One side was thicker and
I figured it would need an extra minute or two to cook.
The thin piece needed almost 2 min./side, the thicker piece needed almost 3 min./side

ummm....yes, I started eating before remembering I needed
to take the final shot.  I also added extra sriracha sauce, because
you can NEVER have too much sriracha.  ;-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment